*This is not a remote or work from home position.*
ABSOLUTE NEW YORK - PR Manager
We are Absolute New York, an all-round beauty brand that offers the essentials from cosmetics, skincare, to tools and accessories. True to our New York City roots, we promise absolute individual beauty for everyone.
Our products are made to inspire and celebrate creativity and diversity, and we invite you to discover what you love, what makes you… you.
* You must have experience in the beauty/skincare industry.
We are looking to add another member who aligns with our core values as a team:
- Absolute Best – Always give your best to Absolute New York, your team, and yourself.
- Absolute Integrity – Be honest about absolutely everything. Believe in what you do.
- Absolutely Absolute – Be there for every person in the company.
- Absolute Clarity – Focus. Focus. Focus.
- Absolute Curiosity – Let your intuition and curiosity lead you.
We are looking to hire an in-house PR Manager to own & lead our organic and paid public relation initiatives, write press releases and articles, and actively network within the fashion and beauty industry.
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Coordinate all public relation activities and events
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships and sponsorship's on an on-going basis
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of fashion and beauty trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Communications or a related discipline
- 4+ years’ experience leading Public Relations; cosmetics/skincare industry experience required
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at a local, national, and global level
- Strong relationships with local, national and global business and beauty media outlets
- Event planning experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, with the ability to learn programs quickly
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting and financial skills, with the ability to predict upcoming trends within the industry of beauty and marketing
- High level of emotional intelligence and ability to adapt to different environments and styles of work
- Ability to lead small teams and maximize their talents to accomplish the job and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, with excellent attention to detail and ability to produce error-free work
- Must be a self-starter with energy, drive & determination to complete projects
- Ability to organize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
Job Type: Full-time