*This is not a remote or work from home position.*
ABSOLUTE NEW YORK - Social Media Specialist
We are Absolute New York, an all-round beauty brand that offers the essentials from cosmetics, skincare, to tools and accessories. True to our New York City roots, we promise absolute individual beauty for everyone.
Our products are made to inspire and celebrate creativity and diversity, and we invite you to discover what you love, what makes you… you.
A Little Bit About The Digital Marketing Team:
The Digital Marketing Team is tasked with guiding consumers through the customer journey:
Awareness → Consideration → Purchase → Retention → Advocacy.
We are looking to add another member who aligns with our core values as a team:
- Absolute Best – Always give your best to Absolute New York, your team, and yourself.
- Absolute Integrity – Be honest about absolutely everything. Believe in what you do.
- Absolutely Absolute – Be there for every person in the company.
- Absolute Clarity – Focus. Focus. Focus.
- Absolute Curiosity – Let your intuition and curiosity lead you.
We are currently looking to hire a Public Relations & Social Media Specialist who will work with our Digital Marketing Team and Design Team.
- Develop overall social media strategy to drive engagement and increase followers.
- Build and amplify a consistent brand and channel voice.
- Ideate and execute timely, innovative daily content to engage our followers.
- Write and post copy for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, appropriately maintaining brand voice across platforms.
- Collaborate with PR/Digital Marketing to develop and execute the influencer initiatives on social media.
- Optimize blog content for SEO and update meta-tagging.
- Pitch creative concepts for company-wide social media initiatives and campaigns.
- Stay on top of emerging social channels, analyze and formally present opportunities for growth.
- Capture photography/video and produce content.
- Report actionable insights and KPIs on a weekly basis.
- Daily community management and social customer service.
- Develop social media and campaign-specific KPIs and benchmarks to achieve and bypass brand goals and objectives.
- Monitor and report trends in social media and channel topics.
- Develop rigorous approach for experimenting, testing and measuring social media features.
*Love for the beauty industry and product knowledge. (required)
- 4+ years’ experience managing multiple social media channels, preferably for a beauty brand.
- Proven ability to engage, connect and build an audience across multiple channels.
- Ability to interpret analytics, communicate results and formulate a strategy.
- A passion for social media, beauty/cosmetics, and a positive, upbeat attitude!
- Experience with InDesign and Photoshop.
- Existing Influencer relations and experience a plus.
- Experience with Social/Digital listening and scheduling tools approaches to measurement/metrics, reporting, etc.
- Knowledge of paid media tactics and strategies and how they relate to and can help to amplify social media programs and campaigns.
- Self-starter with strong communication, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Strong project management and process development capabilities.
- Ability to escalate issues and pushback as needed.
- Proven strategic thinking, analytical, data interpretation, financial, and problem-solving skills.
- Heavy focus on quality assurance and high attention to detail is essential to success.
- Ability to identify, resolve, and escalate issues, challenging the status quo when appropriate.
- Ability to problem-solve when late changes or workflow issues arise.
- Partner with team members when making recommendations to business stakeholders.
Job Type: Full-time