*This is not a remote or work from home position.*
ABSOLUTE NEW YORK – Creative Director
We are Absolute New York, an all-round beauty brand that offers the essentials from cosmetics, skincare, to tools and accessories. True to our New York City roots, we promise absolute individual beauty for everyone.
Our products are made to inspire and celebrate creativity and diversity, and we invite you to discover what you love, what makes you… you.
We are looking to add another member who aligns with our core values as a team:
- Absolute Best – Always give your best to Absolute New York, your team, and yourself.
- Absolute Integrity – Be honest about absolutely everything. Believe in what you do.
- Absolutely Absolute – Be there for every person in the company.
- Absolute Clarity – Focus. Focus. Focus.
- Absolute Curiosity – Let your intuition and curiosity lead you.
As a small beauty brand specializing in color cosmetics and skincare, we’re looking for an in-house Creative Director to own & lead our creative vision for all campaigns on all mediums. The Creative Director will work with the founders as well as the R&D department to ensure projects remain consistent with our brand messaging and direction, from product development, to copywriting, media assets, etc. As our first Creative Director, you will also be responsible for building a strong team to accelerate our creative vision.
You must have an interest in the beauty/skincare industry; experience within the industry is preferred. We’re looking for someone that has a strong understanding of design and copy, a passion for pop culture, and excellent leadership qualities to maximize the talents of your team.
- Shape the brand’s standards & create procedures to ensure all products are brand appropriate, with minimal guidance
- Oversee the visual aesthetic of the brand’s products, planograms, website, social media and marketing materials
- Collaborate with necessary team to produce new ideas for company branding, promotional campaigns & marketing communications, & direct brainstorming meetings/creative sessions
- Collaborate with necessary team for event planning (product launches, trade-shows, photo-shoots, influencer events, sponsorship's, etc.), & direct brainstorming meetings/creative sessions
- Collaborate with Sales teams to develop successful assets for their designated channels via A/B testing
- Research and evaluate related industry trends, & assess data to stay up-to-date with new creative ideas
- Monitor your team’s daily workflow, delegate project tasks & monitor deadlines and budgets
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher), preferably in art, graphic design or multimedia, marketing, or communications
- 5+ years’ digital experience, particularly with web, social & other emerging technologies; experience in beauty/skincare industry preferred
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptionally creative design abilities
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
- Strong analytical, planning and forecasting skills, with the ability to predict upcoming trends within the beauty market landscape
- High level of emotional intelligence and ability to adapt to different environments and styles of work
- Ability to lead small teams and maximize their talents to accomplish the job and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, with excellent attention to detail and ability to produce error-free work
- Must be a self-starter with energy, drive & determination to complete projects
- Ability to organize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Digital & mobile-first mindset for design, showing awareness of competitive landscape & trends
Job Type: Full-time